|Prep time: 10 minutes||Cooking time: 45 minutes||Total time: 55 minutes|
4 cups zucchini, sliced (about 2 pounds)
3 Tablespoons chopped onion
2 cups canned tomatoes with juice or 2 cups fresh sliced tomatoes
1⁄4 cup (1 ounce) grated cheese (try cheddar, mozzarella, or parmesan)
- Wash zucchini and cut into 1/4-inch slices.
- In large skillet, cook onion in oil on medium heat (300 degrees in an electric skillet) until tender.
- Add zucchini to onions and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato and seasoning; cook 5 more minutes.
- Put mixture into an 8” x 8” square baking dish and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- whole wheat pasta
- sliced fruit
- a glass of low-fat milk
Tab 1 Content (Tips or Involve Kids):
Tab 4 Content:
Depending on their skills, show kids how to:
- Wash and dry zucchini
- Use can opener
- Grate cheese