|Prep time: 20 minutes||Cooking time: 30 minutes||Total time: 50 minutes|
1. In a medium skillet over medium heat, sauté onion and garlic in margarine until soft (about 5 minutes).
2. Add turnips and sugar. Sauté, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned.
3. Add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the liquid evaporates and the turnips are tender (about 30 to 40 minutes).
4. Remove from heat. Stir in the lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper. Serve hot.
5. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.