|Prep time: 20 minutes||Cooking time: 10 minutes||Total time: 30 minutes|
1 3⁄4 cups cooked, pureed pumpkin (15 ounce can)
1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 cup walnuts or hazelnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix pumpkin, brown sugar, eggs, and oil thoroughly.
- Blend dry ingredients and add to pumpkin mixture.
- Add raisins and nuts.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls on greased baking sheet, 1 inch apart.
- Gently flatten each cookie (use a spoon, bottom of glass, or palm of your hand).
- Bake 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- a banana
- and low-fat yogurt
Tab 5 Content:
Depending on their skills, show kids how to:
- Measure flours and other dry ingredients
- Crack and beat eggs
- Mix dough
- Help spoon dough onto pan
Food Hero Monthly Recipe: