|Prep time: 20 minutes||Cooking time: 15 minutes||Total time: 35 minutes|
1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
1⁄2 cup applesauce or fruit puree
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
2 cups old fashioned rolled oats (raw)
1 1⁄2 cups finely grated carrots (about 3 large carrots)
1 cup raisins or golden raisins
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix sugars, oil, applesauce, eggs, and vanilla thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, stir dry ingredients together.
- Blend dry ingredients into wet mixture. Stir in raisins and carrots.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls on greased baking sheet.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Store in airtight container.
- sliced fruit
- a glass of low-fat milk
Tab 5 Content:
Depending on their skills, show kids how to:
- Measure flours and other dry ingredients
- Wash and dry carrots
- Crack and beat eggs
- Scoop dough onto pan
Food Hero Monthly Recipe: