|Prep time: 20 minutes||Cooking time: 30 minutes||Total time: 50 minutes|
1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided in half
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1⁄2 cup pepper jack cheese, grated
4 (9 inch) flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the beans, green onions, lemon juice, cumin, and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt in a small bowl.
- Rub the chicken breasts with the chili powder, pepper and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Cook the chicken in a skillet over medium-high heat (350 degrees in an electric skillet) for 5 minutes. Turn and cook until done, 4-5 minutes longer.
- Let chicken cool; slice into strips or chunks.
- Divide cheese evenly between tortillas. Top the cheese with equal amounts of chicken and black bean salsa mixture.
- Roll up the burritos and wrap each one in foil.
- Bake burritos until the cheese melts, about 15 minutes.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Freeze extra lemon juice to use later.
- Cook your own dry beans. One can (15 ounces) is about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups drained beans.
- sliced fruit
- & a glass of milk
Food Hero Monthly Recipe: