|Prep time: 10 minutes||Cooking time: 15 minutes||Total time: 25 minutes|
1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth (see notes)
1 package (1.25 ounce) taco seasoning or 1/4 teaspoon each of chili powder, garlic powder, ground cumin, and oregano
1⁄2 cup corn, frozen or canned and drained
1⁄2 cup black beans drained and rinsed
- Bring the vegetable broth and seasonings to boil in a medium saucepan (2 to 3 quarts).
- Add the rice, salsa, corn and beans. Turn heat to low, cover pot, and let cook undisturbed for 10 minutes.
- Gently stir before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Broth can be canned or made using bouillon. For each cup of broth use 1 cup very hot water and 1 teaspoon or 1 cube bouillon.
- Substitute 1 1/3 cups of Farmers Market Salsa in place of the last three ingredients.
- a side salad
- sliced fruit
- a glass of low-fat milk
Tab 2 Content (Recipe Categories):