|Prep time: 15 minutes||Cooking time: 45 minutes||Total time: 1 hour|
1⁄4 cup raisins, or other dried fruit
1 cup frozen peas, or other vegetables (fresh, frozen or canned and drained)
3 cups lettuce, washed and chopped
1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
1⁄2 cup green onions, sliced thin (can use any onions)
1 Tablespoon vinegar (rice vinegar or any others)
3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- Place barley and water in a 2-3 quart saucepan. Bring to boil, then turn to low. Cover and cook for 45 minutes.
- Rinse cooked barley briefly in cold water. Drain.
- Add remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try substituting different fruits and vegetables.
Tab 1 Content (Tips or Involve Kids):