|Prep time: 5 minutes||Cooking time: 15 minutes||Total time: 20 minutes|
2 teaspoons seasoning (try a mixture-chili powder, garlic powder, ground cumin, pepper)
2 cups cooked meat (chopped or shredded), beans or tofu
1 cup reduced fat shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash bell peppers, remove seeds and cut into bite-sized pieces. Arrange pieces close together in a single layer on a large foil-lined baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, combine salsa, seasonings and meat, beans or tofu. Spoon the mixture evenly over pepper pieces then top with cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until peppers are heated through and cheese is melted. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- For added flavor, top with chopped cilantro, green onions or black olives!
Tab 5 Content:
Our Bell Pepper Magazine Features this recipe:
Food Hero Monthly Recipe: