|Prep time: 5 minutes||Cooking time: 10 minutes||Total time: 15 minutes|
2 large tomatoes cut into thick slices (about 1 inch)
1⁄3 cup shredded cheese (try parmesan, Swiss, or cheddar)
1⁄4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder (1 clove garlic, minced)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place tomato slices in a single layer in a shallow baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine cheese, oregano, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Sprinkle mixture over tomatoes.
- Bake 5 to 10 minutes, or until cheese turns golden brown and starts to bubble. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Tab 5 Content:
Depending on their skills, show kids how to:
- Measure flours and mix cheese and seasonings
- Sprinkle cheese on tomatoes
Food Hero Monthly Recipe: