|Prep time: 5 minutes||Cooking time: 10 minutes||Total time: 15 minutes|
1 Tablespoon butter or margarine
3 slices whole grain bread
1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
1 1⁄4 cups nonfat or 1% milk
- Butter bread and cut into small cubes.
- Combine buttered and cubed bread, brown sugar and raisins in a one-quart microwave safe dish.
- In a microwave safe bowl or measuring cup, blend together the eggs, milk, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla.
- Heat on high for 2-3 minutes until hot, but not boiling.
- Pour over bread mixture and lightly blend together.
- Microwave uncovered at 50% power for 5-8 minutes, or until edges are firm and the center is almost set.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Serve with low-fat vanilla or lemon yogurt.
- sliced fruit
- a glass of low-fat milk
Tab 4 Content:
Depending on their skills, show kids how to:
- Measure dry ingredients
- Tear up bread
- Crack and beat eggs
- Mix ingredients
Tab 2 Content (Recipe Categories):