|Prep time: 10 minutes||Cooking time: 30 minutes||Total time: 40 minutes|
1 1⁄2 cups nonfat or 1% milk
1 apple, chopped (about 1 ½ cups)
2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
2 Tablespoons chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly oil or spray an 8" x 8" baking dish.
- Combine the egg, applesauce, milk, vanilla and oil in a bowl. Mix in the apple.
- In a separate bowl, mix the rolled oats, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Add to the liquid ingredients and mix well.
- Pour mixture into baking dish, and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with brown sugar and (optional) nuts.
- Return to oven and broil for 3 to 4 minutes until top is browned and the sugar bubbles.
- Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Substitute other fruit for the apple. Try bananas, pears, blueberries or a mixture.
- Serve warm topped with vanilla yogurt.
Tab 1 Content (Tips or Involve Kids):
Tab 2 Content (Recipe Categories):