1 pound parsnips
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
⅛ teaspoon pepper
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
3. Scrub the parsnips with a clean vegetable brush under running water and peel if large.
4. Cut the parsnips into 3 x ½-inch sticks or 1-inch slices. Aim for pieces that are about the same size.
5. Transfer the cut parsnips to a large bowl. Add the oil, salt, garlic powder and pepper and stir to coat the pieces.
6. Place the parsnips in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Leave at least ¼ inch between the pieces.
7. Roast the parsnips in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes, then stir and roast for another 10 to 15 minutes until tender and golden with some browning.
8. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Makes 2 cups
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes