1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin (1¾ cup)
1 cup packed brown sugar
½ cup vegetable oil
1½ cups all-purpose flour
1¼ cups whole-wheat flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon salt 1 cup raisins or other dried fruit
1 cup chopped nuts, any type
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, stir together pumpkin, brown sugar, eggs and oil. Mix well until smooth.
3. In another bowl, stir the flours, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground ginger and salt together. Add to the pumpkin mixture and mix well.
4. Stir in raisins and nuts.
5. Drop the dough by a tablespoon on to a greased baking sheet, 1 inch apart.
6. Gently flatten each cookie with the back of a spoon.
7. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until tops are dry Makes 48 cookies
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 to 12 minutes per baking sheet