Store Well, Waste Less
- Tightly seal rice to keep out dust, moisture, and pests.
- White rice can keep fresh in the pantry for several years.
- Brown rice will last up to 6 months in the pantry without getting an off flavor and will last longer in the refrigerator or freeze.
- Tightly sealed rice stays fresh and safe in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days or frozen up to 6 months.
- To freeze, divide rice into single-use portions and seal tightly in freezer containers or plastic freezer bags.
- Label with the date and amount of rice using a marker and tape.
Last updated: 07/12/17