Shop & Save
- Fresh peas might cost less and taste fresher while in season from May through mid-July.
- To avoid waste only buy what you need, since fresh peas only last a few days in the refrigerator.
- Frozen and canned peas are available all year.
- For the best value buy frozen peas in large bags that you can reseal, or portion out what you need in smaller freezer bags or containers.
- Choose low-sodium canned peas. Use the food label to find canned peas with less sodium. Rinse and drain the canned peas to cut more sodium.
- Sugar snap peas and snow peas may be least expensive at a farmers’ market.
- Peas can be enjoyed year round– fresh, frozen or canned.
❁ Peas are a good source of vitamins A and C.
Last updated: 07/12/17