Shop & Save
- Look for cranberries that range in color from light to dark red and are plump, glossy, and firm. White berries mixed in with the red do not need to be discarded. They are mature and have a milder flavor.
- Avoid berries that are shriveled, soft or decaying.
- Fresh cranberries are available from October through early January.
- Dried cranberries are often available in bulk food sections. They might be less expensive and you can buy small amounts.
- Frozen cranberries are available all year. Or buy fresh cranberries when they are in season and freeze your own.
- 12-ounce bag of fresh cranberries = about 3 cups.
★ Cranberries are a good source of vitamin C.
Last updated: 07/12/17