Store Well, Waste Less
Storing whole, fresh carrots:
- Wash the carrots, and trim off the green leaf tops, if present.
- Store the carrots in a plastic bag. Poke a few small holes in the bag to let air in. Refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
- Keep carrot sticks for snacks in your refrigerator for up to a week. To prevent carrots from drying out, store in water.
Blanch and freeze carrots for longer storage.
- Wash, trim, and cut large carrots.
- Place cut carrots in boiling water for 2 minutes or 5 minutes for small whole carrots.
- Drain carrots and place in ice water for 2 minutes.
- Drain and pack in labeled freezer bags or containers. Freeze carrots.
Last updated: 01/14/17