Store Well, Waste Less
- Cabbage can be stored whole, chopped or shredded.
- Whole cabbage can be refrigerated for 3 weeks to 2 months.
- Whole or cut (halves or quarters) should be tightly wrapped in plastic. Keeping the core in will help hold the cabbage together.
- Chopped or shredded cabbage is best used within 2 weeks.
- When you’re ready to use whole cabbage, discard any wilted or brown outer leaves. The inner cabbage should still be good to use. If the entire cabbage is limp with discolored leaves or a sulfur odor, throw it away.
Last updated: 01/14/17