Store Well, Waste Less
- Keep bell peppers fresh by washing just before serving.
- Cutting bell peppers:
- After washing, cut off stems and cut peppers in half – lengthwise or crosswise.
- Remove seeds and the white membrane from the inside.
- Cut peppers into rings, strips or dice them into squares.
- Cut peppers can be stored (covered) for 2 days in the refrigerator.
- Whole peppers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days; they are easy to freeze for longer storage. No blanching is needed. Place peppers in freezer bags or containers; seal and label with the date. Frozen peppers should be used within 8 months.
Last updated: 11/11/17