- Green bell peppers cost less and store longer than other types.
- Choose bell peppers that are firm and heavy for their size with bright coloring and glossy skin. If stems are still attached, they should be firm and green.
- Fresh peppers are more available and tastier while in-season during the summer and early fall.
- Avoid peppers that have thin wrinkled skin or brown patches.
- Buy only what you will use within a week or plan to freeze extras for future use.
❁ Bell peppers are an excellent source of Vitamin C and B6.