How long will beans last in storage?
Dry beans will keep for at least one year in an airtight container in a cool, dark, dry place. Label with the date you bought your beans, using tape and a marker.
- Canned beans keep for 2 years or longer.
How to store cooked beans:
- Refrigerate within 2 hours.
- Use within 5 days.
- Freeze in recipe-sized portions for longer storage.
- Place beans in freezersafe containers or bags then cover with water or the liquid they were cooked in.
- Leave at least half an inch of space between the liquid and the top of the container or bag.
- Label the container or bag with a date and quantity, and use within 2 to 3 months for best quality.