1 Tablespoonvegetable oil
1⁄2 cupdiced onion (1/2 medium onion)
2stalks celery, chopped
2carrots, sliced in 2” sticks
1 can(about 15 ounces) diced tomatoes, with juice
1medium potato, diced
1zucchini (sliced 1/4 inch thick)
2 Tablespoonsparsley, minced
1 teaspoonvegetable broth granules (or 1 bouillon cube)
- In a deep pot heat 1 Tablespoon of oil.
- Add onions and celery and sauté until they are soft.
- Add the rest of the vegetables, 1 cup water and vegetable broth granules.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer slowly for 30 minutes or until carrots and potatoes are tender.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- If stew gets too dry, add more water.
Last updated: 08/30/17