Superhero Shepherd's Pie
2large baking potatoes, peeled and diced
1⁄2 cupshredded cheddar cheese
1⁄2 cupnon-fat or 1% milk
1 poundlean ground beef (15% fat)
1 teaspoononion powder (optional)
4 cupsfrozen mixed vegetables
1 teaspoonor cube beef boullion
- Put diced potatoes in saucepan; add enough water to barely cover. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until soft (about 15 minutes.).
- Drain potatoes and mash. Stir in milk, cheese, salt and pepper; set mixture aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown meat in a large skillet. Add onion powder, if using. Stir in flour, and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add vegetables, bouillon and water. Cook 5 minutes until bubbly.
- Spoon vegetable mixture into 8 inch square baking dish. Spread potato mixture over vegetable/meat mixture.
- Bake 25 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Last updated: 09/17/18