1 Tablespoonsesame seeds (optional)
1 teaspoonsesame oil or vegetable oil
3 cupschopped broccoli, fresh or frozen
1 Tablespoonvinegar or water
2 teaspoonssoy sauce
1 teaspooncorn starch
1⁄8 teaspoonred pepper flakes (optional)
- Toast sesame seeds (if using) in a dry skillet on medium-high heat for 3 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet, sauté broccoli in oil over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine water, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, cornstarch, and red pepper flakes (if using).
- Add the sauce mixture to the broccoli in the skillet. Stir and cook until broccoli is tender and the sauce has thickened, about 3 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds (optional). Serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Last updated: 09/17/18