Mushroom Bulgur Pilaf
When kids help make healthy food, they are more likely to try it.
Show kids how to:
- gently wipe or rinse mushrooms.
- use a cutting board to slice or chop vegetables.
- measure dry or liquid ingredients.
- use a long handled spoon or spatula to sauté safely.
- Use a medium saucepan or skillet with a tightly fitting lid. Over medium heat, sauté onions in oil in the open pan until they are softened.
- Add mushrooms and sauté until beginning to brown, stirring frequently.
- Stir in bulgur and continue to stir until lightly browned.
- Add water, bouillon, garlic powder, and pepper. Cover pan with lid.
- Reduce heat to low. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until bulgur is tender and liquids are absorbed.
- Remove from heat. Mix in the spinach and serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.