Glazed Carrots and Cranberries
1 poundcarrots, peeled and sliced diagonally into 1/4 inch thick slices
3 Tablespoonssugar, divided
1⁄2 cupchicken broth
1⁄2 cupdried cranberries
2 teaspoonslemon juice
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add carrots, salt, 1 Tablespoon sugar, and broth. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until carrots are almost tender, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Uncover; increase heat to high. Stir occasionally until liquid is reduced to about 2 Tablespoons, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add butter and remaining sugar to skillet; stir carrots to coat. Add dried cranberries and cook, stirring frequently, until carrots are completely tender and glaze is light gold, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Last updated: 01/24/17