Fruity French Toast Casserole
8 cupsbread cubes; try whole grain bread
4eggs, slightly beaten
2 cupsfruit, sliced or chopped- fresh, frozen or canned
1⁄4 cupmargarine or butter, softened
- Lightly oil or spray an 8" x 8" baking dish or 2-quart casserole. Add bread cubes.
- In a medium bowl, bled eggs, milk, vanilla, and sugar. Pour over bread cubes. Stir gently to wet all bread with egg mixture. Top with fruit.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until all liquid is absorbed (30 mins), or as long as overnight.
- Just before baking, remove casserole from refrigerator. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Make the topping: In a small bowl, combine the softened margarine, sugar, and flour until crumbly.
- Remove plastic wrap and sprinkle topping over fruit. Bake until completely set, and starting to brown, (160 degrees in the center), about 34-40 minutes. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Last updated: 05/23/18