Fabulous Fig Bars
- Oats - Shop & Save
16 ouncesstemmed, chopped dried figs
1⁄2 cupchopped walnuts
1⁄4 cuporange juice (juice from 1/2 orange)
2 Tablespoonshot water
1⁄2 cupmargarine or butter, softened
1 cuppacked brown sugar
1 1⁄2 cupsall-purpose flour
1⁄2 teaspoonbaking soda
1 1⁄4 cupsold fashioned rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray or oil a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Combine figs, walnuts, sugar, orange juice and hot water in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Mix together margarine and brown sugar until creamy. Add egg and mix until smooth.
- Mix flour and baking soda. Stir into egg mixture. Blend in oats to make soft dough.
- Reserve 1 cup of dough for topping. With floured fingertips, press the remaining dough into a thin layer on the bottom of baking pan.
- Spread fig mixture evenly over the dough. Crumble reserved dough over top, allowing fig mixture to show.
- Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely in baking pan. Cut into 24 bars (about 2.5 x 2 inches).
Last updated: 05/25/17