Chinese Turnip Pancakes
1⁄2 teaspoonblack pepper
2 clovesgarlic, minced
1 Tablespoonlow sodium soy sauce
2 cupsturnip, grated
1 cupcarrot, grated
1⁄2 cupgreen onion, thinly sliced
2 Tablespoonsoil (for cooking)
2 Tablespoonslow sodium soy sauce
2 Tablespoonsrice vinegar
2 teaspoonsbrown sugar
2 Tablespoonsgreen onion, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, mix flour, pepper, egg, garlic, soy sauce, and water in a bowl until smooth.
- Stir in the grated turnip, carrot and green onion.
- Heat half of oil in a large skillet over medium heat (350 degrees F in an electric skillet). Pour about 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake into skillet. Flatten with a fork into a 3-inch circle.
- Cook until edges look dry and bottom is golden, about 3-4 minutes. Turn once. Cook until bottom is golden and crispy. Repeat with the remaining batter adding remaining oil as needed. Pancakes will be moist in the center.
- Combine dipping sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Serve with warm pancakes.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Last updated: 02/24/17