|Prep time: 20 minutes||Cooking time: 10 minutes||Total time: 30 minutes|
1 package low-fat crescent rolls
4 ounces nonfat cream cheese
1⁄4 cup nonfat mayonnaise
1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil (or thyme)
1⁄2 cup broccoli, chopped
1⁄2 cup cauliflower, chopped
1⁄4 cup green pepper, finely chopped
1⁄2 cup carrot, finely chopped
1⁄3 cup low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Unroll the crescent rolls and place them on a baking sheet to bake. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Mix together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream and basil until smooth.
- Spread mixture on the cooled crescent rolls.
- Sprinkle the chopped vegetables and shredded cheddar cheese on top of the cream cheese mixture. Serve immediately.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try substituting whole wheat flour tortillas for crescent rolls.
- Use vegetables that are in season and lower in cost.
- fruit cocktail
- a glass of low-fat milk
Tab 1 Content (Tips or Involve Kids):
Tab 4 Content:
Depending on their skills, show kids how to:
- Mix together cream cheese ingredients
- Grate cheese
- Build their own veggie pizzas