|Prep time: 15 minutes||Cooking time: 15 minutes||Total time: 30 minutes|
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1⁄2 cup grated carrots (about 1 medium carrot)
1⁄2 cup toasted walnuts (optional)
1⁄2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray or oil a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix egg, milk, sugar, oil, carrots, raisins, walnuts and vanilla.
- In a seperate bowl mix flour, oatmeal, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir gently until flour is just moistened. Gently fill muffin cups about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until edges start to brown.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try using 3/4 cup whole wheat flour and 3/4 cup all-purpose flour for more whole grains!
- Morning Muffins freeze well and thaw quickly.
- Breakfast banana split
- a glass of low-fat milk
Tab 1 Content (Tips or Involve Kids):
Tab 4 Content:
Click a link below if you need a version of this recipe that serves:
Tab 2 Content (Recipe Categories):
Tab 5 Content:
Depending on their skills, show kids how to:
- Measure flours and other dry ingredients
- Crack and beat eggs
- Mix ingredients
- Spoon batter into pan