|Prep time: 15 minutes||Cooking time: 45 minutes||Total time: 1 hour|
1 large potato, peeled and chopped
1 can (15 ounces) chopped tomatoes
2 cans (15 ounce each or 3 1/2 cups) low sodium vegetable or beef broth (see notes)
1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, drained
1⁄2 cup uncooked macaroni
- In a 5 quart saucepan over medium heat, cook onion, celery and carrot in oil, stirring constantly until onion is soft, but not browned.
- Add potato, tomatoes, broth, beans and basil.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add macaroni and zucchini. Cook another 15 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Broth can be canned or made using bouillon. For each cup of broth use 1 cup very hot water and 1 teaspoon or 1 cube bouillon.
- Use any vegetables you have on hand.
- Add cooked meat if desired.
- Cook your own dry beans. One can (15 ounces) is about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups drained beans.
- a cup of cubed melon
- whole wheat roll
- a glass of low-fat milk
Tab 4 Content:
Click a link below if you need a version of this recipe that serves:
Tab 2 Content (Recipe Categories):