|Prep time: 10 minutes||Cooking time: 5 minutes||Total time: 15 minutes|
1 Tablespoon margarine or butter
2 cups chopped or sliced peaches (frozen, canned and drained, or about 3-4 medium fresh)
3 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 cups (24 ounces) low-fat yogurt (try peach, vanilla or raspberry)
- Melt margarine in a medium skillet over medium heat (300 degrees in an electric skillet).
- Add peaches, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Stir occasionally until peaches are hot. Remove from heat.
- Spoon yogurt into five individual bowls. Top with warm peaches.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- For a little crunch, sprinkle with granola, graham cracker or gingersnap cookie crumbs.
- whole wheat rolls
- a glass of water
Tab 1 Content (Tips or Involve Kids):
Tab 4 Content:
When kids help make healthy food, they are more likely to try it.
Show kids how to:
- wash fresh fruits and veggies.
- chop or slice peaches on a cutting board. Ripe peaches can be cut with a plastic knife.
- use a can opener.
Tab 2 Content (Recipe Categories):