|Prep time: 15 minutes||Cooking time: 20 minutes||Total time: 35 minutes|
1⁄2 cup reduced fat italian dressing
1⁄2 cup tomatoes, seeded and diced
1⁄4 cup green peppers, seeded and chopped (about 1/2 a small pepper)
3 Tablespoons chopped onion
2 Tablespoons chopped celery
6 sliced pimento-stuffed green olives
2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Wash and drain lentils. Place in saucepan, add water and salt.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered about 20 minutes. Do not overcook. The lentils should be tender with skin intact. Drain immediately.
- Combine the lentils with cooked rice, pour dressing over mixture and refrigerate until cool.
- Add rest of ingredients, except parsley, mix well.
- Garnish with parsley before serving (optional).
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- chicken mole
- sliced fruit
- a glass of low-fat milk
Tab 1 Content (Tips or Involve Kids):
Tab 2 Content (Recipe Categories):