|Prep time: 10 minutes||Cooking time: 30 minutes||Total time: 40 minutes|
1 can (14.5 ounce) diced tomatoes with liquid
3 cloves garlic, minced or 3/4 teaspoons of garlic powder
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
1 cup quick brown rice, uncooked
1 can (14.5 ounce) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
3 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
1 package (16 ounce) frozen, sliced okra
- In a large pot, combine the water, diced tomatoes, onion, garlic, and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat; simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Add rice, beans, tomato sauce, and okra. Simmer uncovered 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add liquid as needed for desired consistency.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Substitute 2 cups cooked rice for the quick rice and reduce water by 1 cup.
- Cook your own dry beans. One can (15 ounces) is about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups drained beans.
- whole wheat roll
- a glass of low-fat milk
Tab 2 Content (Recipe Categories):