|Prep time: 10 minutes||Cooking time: 30 minutes||Total time: 40 minutes|
1⁄2 pound lean ground beef (15% fat)
1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 garlic cloves
2 cups (12 ounces) broken spaghetti
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded parmesan cheese
- Brown meat and onions in a large skillet over medium-high heat (300 degrees in an electric skillet). Drain fat.
- Stir in water, tomato sauce, and spices. Bring to a boil.
- Add spaghetti, cover pan, and simmer 10-15 minutes, stirring often to prevent sticking.
- When spaghetti is tender, top with grated cheese.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try ground turkey or small cooked shrimp for the meat.
- Try whole-wheat pasta to increase fiber.
- Use cheddar cheese in place of parmesan.
- sliced whole grain baguette
- sliced fruit
- a glass of low-fat milk
Tab 2 Content (Recipe Categories):