|Prep time: 20 minutes||Cooking time: 15 minutes||Total time: 35 minutes|
1⁄4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1⁄3 cup all purpose flour
1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
1⁄4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
4 eggs (or 1 cup egg substitute)
2 Tablespoons minced green onion with tops
1 clove garlic or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 1⁄2 cups shredded vegetables (unpeeled zucchini (drained and pressed), potato, carrots, bell pepper, celery, sweet potato or yam)
- In medium bowl, stir together cheese, flour, baking powder, dill weed, salt and pepper.
- Beat in eggs, green onions, lemon juice and garlic until well blended. Stir all shredded vegetables into the batter.
- Heat skillet or griddle over medium-high heat (350 degrees in an electric skillet). Lightly spray or oil with cooking spray. For each vegetable cake, pour 1/3 cup batter onto hot skillet or griddle. Cook on both sides until golden brown. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Top with low-fat sour cream and tomato slices.
- Precook “harder” vegetables like carrots and potatoes, if desired.
- apple smiles
- whole wheat toast
- a glass of low-fat milk
Tab 2 Content (Recipe Categories):