|Prep time: 15 minutes||Cooking time: 5 minutes||Total time: 20 minutes|
1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1⁄2 cup nonfat or 1% milk
2 cups cooked corn* (canned and drained, frozen, or fresh cooked)
cooking spray for skillet
- Mix corn meal, flour, baking powder and salt.
- Beat the eggs and milk together and add to the flour mixture.
- Add corn and mix well.
- Lightly spray a large skillet or griddle with non-stick cooking spray or lightly wipe with oil. Heat skillet or griddle over medium heat (300 degrees in an electric skillet). Pour batter onto hot griddle to make individual pancakes.
- Cook until golden on the bottom. Turn and cook on other side.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Fresh corn works very well in this recipe. Cook 2 large ears of corn for 5 minutes in boiling water then cool in very cold water. Cut kernels off the cob, cream style, (cut kernels with shallow cut then scrape the cob for the rest of the kernel). Add to batter.
- Try serving with salsa or applesauce.
- This recipe can also be made quickly with your favorite pancake mix. Make enough batter for six servings. Then, add 1 can drained corn or 2 cups cooked fresh corn cut off the cob.
Tab 1 Content (Tips or Involve Kids):
Tab 2 Content (Recipe Categories):