|Prep time: 10 minutes||Cooking time: 30 minutes||Total time: 40 minutes|
12 slices whole grain bread
1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Lightly spray a cookie sheet with sides or two 9x13 inch pans with cooking spray.
- Lay the slices of bread flat on the pan with the sides touching.
- Beat egg, milk, brown sugar, and vanilla until very well blended.
- Pour mixture over bread. Turn each slice over to ensure both sides are wet.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or bake immediately for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot. Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar (optional). Top with applesauce, fresh fruit or yogurt.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Serve with applesauce or yogurt.
- Add your favorite berries to the top for some color and a yummy taste!
- a fruit salad
- a glass of low-fat milk
Tab 2 Content (Recipe Categories):