|Prep time: 10 minutes||Cooking time: 5 minutes||Total time: 15 minutes|
1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In another bowl, beat egg. Stir in molasses, oil and buttermilk.
- Pour milk mixture into dry ingredients; stir together lightly.
- Lightly spray a large skillet or griddle with non-stick cooking spray or lightly wipe with oil. Heat skillet or griddle over medium-high heat (350 degrees in an electric skillet). For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto the hot griddle.
- Cook until pancakes are puffed and dry around edges. Turn and cook other side until golden brown.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- No pumpkin pie spice? Use 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon dry ginger, and 1/8 teaspoon cloves or nutmeg.
- No buttermilk? Place 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice or vinegar in measuring cup and fill to the 1 cup line with milk. Stir and let set to thicken slightly.
- To see if skillet is hot enough, sprinkle with a few drops of water. If drops skitter around, heat is just right.
- Top with applesauce, fresh fruit or yogurt.
- scrambled eggs
- a glass of low-fat milk
Tab 2 Content (Recipe Categories):