1⁄2 cup corn (canned and drained, frozen, or fresh cooked)
1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup fresh diced tomatoes
1⁄2 cup green pepper, seeded and diced (about 3/4 a small pepper)
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Chill until serving time.
- Drain before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- One large ear of corn makes about 1 cup of cut corn.
- Serve with fresh vegetables or Food Hero Baked Tortilla Chips.
- Cook your own dry beans. One can (15 ounces) is about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups drained beans.
- sliced fruit
- a glass of low-fat milk
Tab 1 Content (Tips or Involve Kids):
Tab 2 Content (Recipe Categories):
Tab 5 Content:
Click a link below if you need a version of this recipe that serves: