|Prep time: 15 minutes||Cooking time: 30 minutes||Total time: 45 minutes|
1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
1 can (10.5 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast (2-3 halves)
2 cloves garlic, minced or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 cups small shell pasta, uncooked
2 1⁄2 cups broccoli, chopped (fresh or frozen)
1 cup (4 ounces) cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cut chicken breast into bite sized pieces. Sauté pieces in oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat (350 degrees in an electric skillet) until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add water, bouillon, soup, pepper and garlic to skillet.Stir until smooth. Add pasta and broccoli.
- Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15 - 20 minutes or until pasta is tender. Add a small amount of water near end of cooking if needed to prevent sticking.
- Add cheese during last two minutes of cooking.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try whole grain pasta for more fiber.
- Best served immediately. Reheated broccoli changes color and might have a less pleasant taste.
- sliced apples
- a green salad
- a glass of low-fat milk
Tab 1 Content (Tips or Involve Kids):
Tab 2 Content (Recipe Categories):