|Prep time: 10 minutes||Cooking time: 30 minutes||Total time: 40 minutes|
2 medium or 3 small zucchini
1⁄2 cup tomato based pasta sauce
1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 Tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash zucchini. Trim ends and cut each in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to gently scrape out soft, seedy center of zucchini.
- Place zucchini halves in a small baking dish. Spoon pasta sauce into zucchini halves. Top with mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until zucchini can be pierced with a fork and cheese is bubbly and brown. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Tab 1 Content (Tips or Involve Kids):
Tab 4 Content:
Depending on their skills, show kids how to:
- Wash and dry zucchini
- Grate cheese
- Build their own pizza