|Prep time: 15 minutes||Cooking time: 20 minutes||Total time: 35 minutes|
1 pound red potatoes (about 3-4 cups chopped)
1 Tablespoon margarine or butter
6 cups green cabbage, thinly sliced (about 1/2 head)
- Scrub potatoes but do not peel. Cut into quarters. Cook in boiling water or steam until tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- While potatoes cook, heat butter or margarine in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and cook until it becomes clear, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add cabbage and cook, stirring occasionally, until cabbage begins to brown, about 4-6 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Add milk, salt and pepper. Cover and cook until cabbage is tender, about 6-8 minutes.
- Drain potatoes. Add cabbage mixture to potatoes. Mash with a potato masher or large fork to reach desired texture. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Tab 1 Content (Tips or Involve Kids):
Tab 2 Content (Recipe Categories):