Oregon State University Vice Provost Award for Excellence - Food Hero Social Marketing Campaign
The Vice Provost Awards for Excellence celebration showcases exceptional outreach and engagement projects.
Fuel Up to Play 60 Funding Awarded - Highlight Healthful Food Everywhere in School, Umatilla Armand Larive Middle School
Funds will go toward a new computer, accessories and software for ALTV which will allow middle school students to make more Food Hero time lapse recipe videos, supervised and mentored by SNAP-Ed faculty. Once the videos are created, there are some funds to provide cafeteria tastings during lunch for all students which will be coordinated by SNAP-Ed and school nutrition staff.
National Extension Association of Family & Consumer Sciences
Date: September 15, 2016
- Marketing Package Award, 1st Place National Winner
- Communications Newsletters Awards, 3rd Place National Winner
- Marketing Package Award, 1st Place Western Region Winner
- Communications Television/Video Program Award, 1st Place Western Region Winner
- Communications Newsletters Award, 2nd Place Western Region Winner
Food Hero programming and marketing regularily occurs within the Columbia Gorge Region of Oregon. They were selected to receive one of seven National Culture of Health Prizes by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
OSU Extension Association, Oscar Hagg Extension Communications Award
OSU Extension Association of Family and Consumer Sciences Affiliate
Date: March 15, 2016
- Communications Award: Newsletters
- Marketing Package Award
- Communications Award: Television/Video Program
Feature of the Food Hero campaign in the SNAP-Ed Land-Grant University Systems Report, Executive Summary and Final Report
Inclusion of the Food Hero campaign in the SNAP-Ed Strategies & Interventions: An Obesity Prevention Toolkit for States
National Association of Extension 4-H Agents
- Outstanding Achievement in Educational Package, Team
Edible Portland, Ecotrust, Local Hero Award, Nominee